The Venom Kodi addon is considered one of the best addons on the market today. It offers a very large collection of movies and series in English language and also many in super quality. The function that you can also specifically switch search results to the German language is on top of that a great bonus.
The installation of the Venom Kodi Addon
In order to download and install the Venom Addon we need a new media source. Through the source we first install the repository and then we get access to the addon. We have created a tutorial for you to add media sources correctly which you can find here. The address of the media source is https://123venom.github.io/
- We have added the media source, are in the main menu of Kodi and press “Settings” (grey gear wheel)
- Since we are installing from an external media source, we need to enable installing from unknown sources first. You can find a tutorial about this right here.
- Then we go on to “add-ons”.
- Click on “Install from .ZIP file“
- Select our self-titled media source. In this example, the “Venom Repo”
- Then click on the file “repository.venom-1.6.zip“, please note that the version number 1.6 may differ in the future!
- After a short moment we receive a notification about the successful installation in the upper right screen
- Now we choose “install from repository“.
- Search the list for “Venom Repo“
- Go to “Video Add-ons“.
- Now we already see our desired Venom Kodi Addon on which we click.
- First we choose “install“
- Now we confirm the addon dependencies. Many addons also Venom need other addons to work properly. We confirm these dependencies with “OK”.
- After a short moment we see again in the upper right corner of the screen that the installation was successful.
- By default, many hosters are initially disabled. We change this in the settings. We select the Venom Addon again and click on “Configure“.
- We go to the providers tab and click on “Open Scrapers Settings“
- Select Hosters and activate “Enable all Hosters” and click “OK“
- We can now start the Venom Kodi addon.
- After a short loading we get an overview of all categories which we can search freely.
Activation of foreign language index pages in Venom Kodi Addon
The Venom Addon also has the possibility to search for international content in foreign languages but there are hardly any search results and they are not kept very up-to-date.
- If we want to activate f.e. German content we click on “Configure” in the menu of the Venom Kodi Addon
- Go to the tab Source Filters and click on “Language for index pages“.
- Now select your desired language.
- We go to the index pages tab and select “Open Scrapers Settings“
- Select Foreign from the list and click on “Enable All German Providers“.
- We have now successfully converted the Venom Addon to German index pages. You can click on “OK” and use our Venom Kodi Addon.
We hope the tutorial helped you! If you have any questions or problems write it in the comments so we can answer you as soon as possible!