GitHub is one of the largest platforms that provides free software, with thousands upon thousands of codes from software developers and independent developers. GitHub is also one of the most popular hosts for Kodi addon repositories, which makes it very interesting for us.
Installing the Github Browser for Kodi
In order to run the GitHub Browser, we need to have the right repository. We’ll use the Fusion TV addon to install the right repository and learn how to access more repositories at the same time. You can find the tutorial for the Fusion Kodi Addon right here. If you don’t need a tutorial for adding a new media source anymore, you have the address http://fusion.tvaddons.co right here.
- We have added the media source and go in the Main Menu of Kodi to “Settings” (grey gear wheel)
- Click on “Addons”
- Go to “Install from .ZIP file”
- Select our self named media source in this case it is “fusion”
- Go to the “kodi-repos” folder
- Now select “english”
- We search and click on “repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip”
- After a short time we get the notification that the installation was successful
- Now we hit “install from repository” in the addon menu
- Select “TVADDONS.co Add-on Repository” from the list
- Go to “Program add-ons”
- We can discover already now our desired “GitBrowser” addon and we select it.
- Of course we have to “install” it first so we can use it.
- Again we get a notification that the installation was successful.
- Select the addon again from the list and can now click on “open”.
- After a short loading process, we get an overview of all the features and we can start browsing GitHub
We hope the tutorial could help you and if you still have difficulties then please write a comment directly below. We want to help you as soon as possible!